Mahima Nambiar is a south Indian actress typically seen in Malayalam and Tamil films. Not everyone can make it in the film industry. For a successful career, both beauty and talent are required. In the case of Mahima Nambiar, she is the whole package. Her slender yet seducing look gives her an edge over other actresses. Looking at her journey, we can know how she has transformed from a schoolgirl image to a classy heroine.
Mahima stole the hearts of Tamil fans in the film “Saattai” playing a lead role. Her character “Arivazhagi” revealed her acting prowess. She was lovely and very homely looking in that film and was appreciated for playing her role perfectly. Fans have been eagerly waiting to watch her in “Kitna”, her upcoming film.
Mahima- A Goddess from God’s own country
Mahima Nambiar is originally from Kasaragod in Kerala. From god’s own country, the gorgeous actress made her debut in the Malayalam film “Kaaryasthan”. She was born on 21 December 1994. The actress who is now 24 years, 9 months and 2 days old was just 15 when she was cast in the film “Kaaryasthan”. After completing her schooling in Kerala, she opted to study BA in English literature in private through correspondence mode. She is passionate about classical dancing and singing.
Mahima Nambiar Biography
Name: Mahima Nambiar
Age: 24 years, 9 months, 2 days
Date of Birth: 21 December 1994
Native: Kasaragod, Kerala
Mother tongue: Malayalam
Debut film: Kaaryasthan (2010)- in Malayalam
Saattai (2012)– in Tamil
School: Not Known
College: Not Known
Educational: BA in English Literature( in correspondence)
Body type: slender
Weight : 53 kg
Height : 163 cm
Skin complexion: Fair
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Mother’s name: Not Known
Father’s name: Not Known
Siblings: Not Known
Favorite actors: Ajith, Mohanlal, Samuthirakani
Interesting facts about Mahima Nambiar
- Mahima Nambiar played the role of Dileep’s sister in her first film “Kaaryasthan”.
- According to her remarks, it was a blink and miss role.
- She has worked as a model for advertisements.
- The pretty actress was offered the lead role in the film “Sindu Samaveli”. Its director Samy wanted her to play the role of the female lead in that film. She rejected the offer due to personal reasons. The role then went on to Amala Paul. “Sindu Samaveli” created quite stir due to its debatable storyline.
- The same production house which offered her the lead role in “Sindu Samaveli” came again with another offer this time, to play the role of “Arivazhagi” in “Saattai”. She accepted the offer and rose to fame soon after its release. The film was successful and she was appreciated for her acting.
- She took leave from acting for one year since she had to finish her school.
- The beautiful looking actress is an excellent classical dancer and has received training for singing and dancing.
- Mahima Nambiar was once again in the pavilion after two years of break from acting. In the year 2014, she was cast in the role of “Madhu”, a nurse in the film “Ennamo Nadakkuthu”.
- In the same year, she landed a role in another film, “Mosakutty” which was directed by Jeevan.
Transition from a schoolgirl to a heroine
Mahima Nambiar was just 17 when she was acting in the film “Saattai”. She was in twelfth standard and was apt for the schoolgirl role she played in Saattai. The movie was a big hit in Tamilnadu and people got a neighborly feeling when they saw Mahima’s face on the screen. However, it took a little more than two years for people to accept as fully-fledged heroin.
Mosakutty gave Mahima Nambiar the perfect opportunity she was waiting for so long. The role she played in the film created a platform where she could show a variety of emotions. Her school girl’s image was broken. As she says in an interview with Deccan Chronicle, with that role, she transitioned from a schoolgirl to a heroine. She was praised for her role in the film and people started seeing her as a heroine.
After this film, she was signed in for various films including Ahathinai, Kuttram 23, Puriyatha Puthir, Kodiveeran. She also acted in a Malayalam action crime thriller movie during this time called “Masterpiece”. In Kuttram 23, she played the role “Thendral” opposite to Arun Vijay and had the opportunity to showcase her acting capabilities. The film was a thriller and was positively reviewed by critics.
The year 2018 saw her signing more films predominantly in the Tamil film industry. Iravukku Aayiram Kangal, Annanuku Jai, and Magamuni were the films that portrayed her in various roles. In “Magamuni”, a Tamil film, Mahima Nambiar played one of the female protagonists. She gave a brilliant performance despite her shorter screen time. The film was well-received by people.
The south Indian actress is very busy acting in many films this year. She has been offered a role in the “Kitna” film. The film is produced in four different languages including Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam. This is the first multilingual film that Mahima is acting and we are sure that many will follow. The growing actress is said to play a dual role in the film “Kitna”. The film is directed by Samuthirakani. Previously, Mahima has worked with him in the film “Saattai”.
Apart from this film, the actress is also working in films like “Vaadu Nenu Kaathu”, Asuraguru. Her recent film is “Ayngaran” where she acts along with G.V.Prakash. We wish the actress good luck in her future ventures.
We hope you enjoyed while reading Mahima Nambiar Biography. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest Cinema updates.